Get DraftCheat’s Core 5 for today’s DFS slate!
1. Luka Doncic – Start your lineups here. Yes, he’s expensive, but it’s a 9-game slate and we can afford him. Without Kristaps Porzingis and Tim Hardaway Jr., the entire offense runs through Doncic even more than it normally does. Wheels are off in terms of minutes as well, as we saw Doncic play a whopping 40 minutes last game in the same scenario he’ll be in tonight. Throw in a truly fantastic matchup against the Nets who don’t have anyone to matchup with Doncic and can’t stop the pick and roll and you have a recipe for a likely triple double and 70+ fantasy points. He’s absolutely worth paying for and I’m going to try to squeeze him on 100% of my teams tonight.
2. Shabazz Napier (If Andrew Wiggins sits) – I’ll likely fade Napier if Wiggins plays, but if Wiggins sits we’ll see a ton of Napier running the show for the Wolves in a nice home matchup against the Warriors. Roughly half the Wolves team is questionable here, but it’s really Wiggins that has by far the biggest effect on Napier. A KAT return tonight would not discourage me from playing Napier, but a Wiggins return certainly would. I’m not sure the general public will read this scenario correctly so be sure to follow the news up to and after lock to get it right with your lineups.
3. Draymond Green – With D’Angelo Russell, Kevon Looney, and Willie Caulie Stein out for the Warriors, Draymond had an insane role for the Warriors last game against he Spurs where he nearly triple-doubled. Green made 90 passes, which is 7 more than the next highest player (LeBron James) over every player’s most recent game. He received 82 passes which ranks 5th, and his 15 potential assists rank 10th. Draymond also has confidence shooting the 3 ball right now, a skill/confidence that certainly comes and goes with him. The minutes have been there recently and with no Russell again we should see an incredibly active Draymond tonight once again in Minnesota. He’s priced up a bit which will scare some folks off but a triple double could very well be in the cards.
4. Jeremy Lamb – The Pacers’ wing has had minutes all over the place recently, partly due to volatile in his level of play from game to game but mostly due to quite a few blowouts for the Pacers. However with Malcolm Brogdon and Edmund Sumner out tonight for the Pacers’ game against the Nuggets, Lamb’s minutes should be very secure. He should be roughly a fantasy point per minute player with Brogdon out, and 32+ minutes seems very likely tonight, making him a nice bargain everywhere.
5. Devonte’ Graham – The Hornets’ point guard star continues to shine bright, with his role only increasing as it becomes ever more clear he’s the best player on the roster by a wide margin. He gets a cake matchup against the horrible guard defense of the Cavaliers, who he couldn’t hit a shot against last time they faced each other. Expect much difference results today as Graham flies past 45 fantasy points at low ownership. An especially strong play on FanDuel.