These props are all available on MyBookie as of March 23.
1. Miles Mikolas MOST WINS +10000
I have Mikolas projected for the 4th most innings. He’s got a good defense behind him, will get solid run support, has a history of durability, and the Cardinals bullpen is strong. 100/1 is just incredible value here.
2. Aaron Nola MOST WINS +3000
The Phillies’ offense is vastly improved after the additions of Jean Segura, Bryce Harper, and Andrew McCutchen, and their league worst defense from 2018 will also greatly improve. A solid bullpen in Philadelphia should help him as well. Nola has been healthy recently and should be one of the few pitchers to throw 200+ innings. 30/1 is silly.
3. Joey Gallo MOST REGULAR SEASON HOME RUNS +2500
Gallo has been top in Barrels per Plate Appearance the last two season, the only player to do so. He’s lost some time in the past couple years due to sitting vs. lefties, but I think the Rangers let him play every day this year. Gallo has arguably the most raw power of any player in MLB, and when you combine that with a huge amount of barreled baseballs, a division full of bad pitching, and a good home park, you have my projected home run leader for 2019. Jump aboard this 25/1 bet.
4. Ronald Acuna MOST REGULAR SEASON HOME RUNS +6600; NL MVP +2000
Acuna burst onto the scene as a 20-year old last year, bashing 26 dingers in just 111 games. He led all of MLB in home runs after August 1st with 15 home runs. The sky is the limit on Acuna’s talent, and he’ll play every single day if he stays healthy. 66/1 is well worth taking a shot on.
5. Mike Moustakas MOST REGULAR SEASON HOME RUNS +8000
Moustakas will play another year in the most home run friendly park in MLB in Milwaukee, a year after hitting 28 home runs in 152 games. In 2017 he hit 38 dingers in a terrible hitter’s park in Kansas City. Last year his HR/FB ratio plummeted to 12.8%, and a player with his power could easily approach a 20% rate. If it does, we could be looking at 45+ home runs which would put him in contention for the title at 80/1.
6. Trevor Bauer AL CY YOUNG +2200
Bauer is my #1 pitcher for fantasy baseball this year, and will get to blaze through the terrible AL Central all season. He’s got the best arsenal of any pitcher in the league, and may have won the Cy Young last season if not hit by a line drive that knocked him out of the last month of the season. Bauer, in my opinion, should be favored, straight up, over Corey Kluber (+250) and Chris Sale (+300) to win the Cy Young. Amazing value at 22/1.
7. Justin Verlander AL CY YOUNG +1600
The Astros’ ace seems to be aging like a fine wine, and is projected to throw among the most innings of any pitcher in baseball. A ridiculous offense providing him run support and a great back end of the bullpen in Houston should provide him with plenty of wins. Listed at 16/1, this should be 10/1 at worst. Take the value.
8. German Marquez NL CY YOUNG +4000
The Rockies’ youngster has some of the best stuff in baseball, and, after making significant changes on August 5th of last year, was the most unhittable pitcher in baseball down the stretch. Not even Coors Field could slow him down. If he continues to be that dominant (I suspect he will), he’ll get a TON of wins with all the run support Coors Field provides. This is a fantastic roll of the dice at 40/1.
9. Nick Senzel NL ROY +1400
The Reds former top draft pick may start the season in triple A for service time reasons, but he should rake and play good defense once called up in mid-April (if he doesn’t start the season in MLB). Senzel is a potential .300 hitter who could pop 25 homers and steal 20 bases, which would almost certainly be enough to take home the NL ROY. Grab him at 14/1.
10. Trevor Bauer REGULAR SEASON ERA UNDER 3.30 -115
11. Miles Mikolas REGULAR SEASON ERA UNDER 3.60 -115
12. JAMESON TAILLON REGULAR SEASON ERA UNDER 3.65 -115
13. Adalberto Mondesi REGULAR SEASON STOLEN BASES OVER 44.5 -115
14. Whit Merrifield REGULAR SEASON STOLEN BASES OVER 33.5 -115
15. Ronald Acuna REGULAR SEASON STOLEN BASES OVER 23.5 -115
16. Byron Buxton REGULAR SEASON STOLEN BASES OVER 21.5 -115
17. Trevor Story REGULAR SEASON STOLEN BASES OVER 20.5 -115
18. Trevor Bauer REGULAR SEASON WINS OVER 13.5 -130
19. Kyle Hendricks REGULAR SEASON WINS OVER 12.5 +100
20. German Marquez REGULAR SEASON WINS OVER 11.5 -120
Diamondbacks u75.5 (-105)
Rockies o84.5 (-130)
Tigers o68.5 (-115)
Marlins o63.5 (+105)
Mets o85.5 (-115)
Pirates u77.5 (+110)
Padres o78.5 (+100)
Giants u73.5 (-110)
Mariners u71.5 (+105)